Early Years - News
- Children must read at least 4 times each week to be green. Reading is to be recorded on 'boom read' using the codes sent home with the children so they can be monitored throughout the week.
- Reading books are to be brought back to school each Friday so they can be changed.
Spring Term (2nd half) 28th Feb - 31st March
Project - Dangerous Dinosaurs
In the Dangerous Dinosaurs project, your child will find out about prehistoric animals that lived on Earth. They will learn facts about dinosaurs and discover how big some of these giant creatures were. They will learn about the difference between carnivores and herbivores. They will also find out about the animals that lived after the dinosaurs and which modern-day animals have prehistoric relatives.
Supporting your child at home
Go onto the Natural History Museum website and look at interesting facts about dinosaurs together. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/dinosaurs.html
Go to the CBeebies Dinosaurs website and explore the games and videos together. https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/topics/dinosaurs
Look up interesting dinosaur facts to share with the class. https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/dinosaurs-and-prehistoric-life/
Listen to the song and story https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/nursery-rhymes-dinosaurs/z6snmfr https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/songs-dinosaurs/zbykcqt
- Reception Autumn 2nd half term 2022.docx
- Nursery Spring 1st half term.docx
- Nursery Spring 2nd half term.docx
Many little things light up hungry little minds. Kids take everything in, and even the smallest things you do with them can make a big difference.
They love it when you chat, play and read with them, even when they’re too young to understand everything. Whatever the time and wherever you are, you can turn almost anything into a game.
And every little thing you do together will help set them up nicely for the day they start school.