Year 1 and 2 NEWS
In Year 1 and 2 we are taught by Miss Jackson, Miss Chandler and Mrs Wheatley.
In the morning we are taught phonics/spelling, followed by a literacy and maths lesson each day. We follow a creative curriculum in the afternoon, over a range of subjects, including Commando Joe's and PSHE.
Keep looking at our class page to see what we are up to!
Key Information for Parents and Carers
- This half term (Autumn 2) our P.E days are a Tuesday and Wednesday.
- We go swimming each Thursday. The class has been split into groups, going alternate weeks.
- Children must read at least 4 times each week to be green. This contributes to their green time each Friday. Reading is to be recorded on 'boom read' using the codes sent home with the children so they can be monitored throughout the week.
- Reading books are to be brought into school each Friday so they can be changed.
- Homework will be set on a Friday on Seesaw and activities must be completed by the following Tuesday.
- Children's learning and regular updates will be updated onto Seesaw also.
Autumn 2 Curriculum Map
Please see the attached document to find out what Year 1 and 2 are learning this half term!
On a Tuesday afternoon we have the opportunity to spend time learning in our on-site Forest School which we love. We love being outdoors, playing in the mud kitchen, making potions and being inquisitive. Take a look at some of our photos below.
In October we had a wonderful day at Broxfield Farm. We spent the day looking at the cows, the farm environment, crops and we even had a ride on the tractor!