Cambois is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors and promoting a climate where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others. We aim to safeguard and promote the welfare of children by protecting them from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
· Protecting children from maltreatment
· Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
· Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
· Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
· Working Together to Safeguard Children September 2016
· Keeping Children Safe in Education 2015 (Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016)
· The Prevent Duty 2015
We also are supported by the Northumberland Safeguarding Children Board who are responsible for the welfare of children in our local authority
Please see the documents attached for further information and guidance.
If you have any concerns or further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Marianne Allan (Head Teacher and Lead child protection officer), Laura Brown (Deputy Designated Person for Child Protection)