At Cambois Primary School, we believe that all children should be inspired by music. We are passionate about the power of music and the impact it can have on a person's emotional, social and personal development and well being. Our curriculum aims to give children the opportunity to develop performance, composition and listening skills though exploring a wide variety of musical styles and traditions.
Key Stage Expectations.
- End of Key Stage Expectations (Expected Musical Learning for Key Stage 1, Year 2).pdf
- Interim Key Stage Expectations (Expected Musical Learning for Lower Key Stage 2, Year 4).pdf
- End of Key Stage Expectations (Expected Musical Learning for Upper Key Stage 2, Year 6).pdf
A group of children from KS1 through to UKS2 have been selected to take part in a clogging project funded by Music Partnership North. The purpose of the project is not only to use music and dance to introduce the children to a new skill, but to also improve children's mental health and well-being in turn in turn improving their self-confidence, engagement and achievement. The children have had two taster sessions and will begin the project fully after Christmas. The project is due to take place fortnightly on a Wednesday with sessions lasting 1 hour. Following the taster session, the feedback from the children was very positive and the children cannot wait to start.
Knowledge, Skills and Learning Progression
Musical Styles and Progression
Musical Progression Guide
- Knowledge Organiser Year 1.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 2.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 3.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 4.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 5.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser Year 6.pdf