Early Years - News
- Children must read at least 4 times each week to be green. This contributes to their golden time each Friday. Reading is to be recorded on 'boom read' using the codes sent home with the children so they can be monitored throughout the week.
- Reading books are to be brought back to school each Friday so they can be changed.
Many little things light up hungry little minds. Kids take everything in, and even the smallest things you do with them can make a big difference.
They love it when you chat, play and read with them, even when they’re too young to understand everything. Whatever the time and wherever you are, you can turn almost anything into a game.
And every little thing you do together will help set them up nicely for the day they start school.
1. Today's children are spending less time outdoors and more time in front of screens.
2. Time spent outdoors has a proven positive impact on children's mental health and wellbeing.
3. Instilling an appreciation of the outdoors from an early age encourages an ongoing understanding of the natural environment and the need to protect it.
4. Outdoor learning and play helps to produce more creative, resilient and happy children.