Assemblies and promoting British Values
At Cambois Primary School we believe the ethos and the culture of our school is inclusive and learning key skills and promoting a good sense of character are at the heart of everything we do. We want to shape our children for their futures and to guide them to make informed and good choices about their behaviour, lifestyle and the citizen they grow to be.
Through our assemblies and our creative whole school themed weeks we target key areas that we think are local, national and school issues. We look at our school development targets and we plan opportunities for discussion to explore key themes and areas to promote positive British Values.
Please look at our current collective worship and assembly plans for the next academic year 2017 / 2018
Last year's assembly plans 2016/ 2017
Fundamental British Values are:
* Rule of Law
* Individual liberty
* Mutial respect and tolerance of others with different faiths and beliefs or no faith
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people, and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.