Year 1 and 2
In Year 1 and 2 we are taught by Miss Jackson, Miss Chandler and supported by Mrs Wheatley. Miss Johnson also supports us each afternoon.
In the morning we are taught phonics/spelling, followed by a literacy and maths lesson each day. We follow a creative curriculum in the afternoon, over a range of subjects, including Commando Joe's and PSHE.
Keep looking at our class page to see what we are up to!
Key Information for Parents and Carers
- This half term (Autumn 1) our P.E days are a Tuesday and Wednesday. Children come into school in their P.E kit.
- We go to Forest School alternate Wednesday afternoons.
- We go to beach school every Friday morning (beginning 22.9.23)
Year 1 will go swimming every Thursday afternoon this half term (beginning 14.9.23)
- Children must read at least 4 times each week to be green. This contributes to their green time each Friday. Reading is to be recorded on 'boom reader' using the codes sent home with the children so they can be monitored throughout the week.
- Reading and paper phonics books are to be brought into school each Friday so they can be changed.
- Each week Children will bring home the new phonics sounds they have learned, as well as being set phonics videos to watch and practise at home.
- Children's learning and regular updates will be updated onto Seesaw also.
Autumn 1 Curriculum Map
Please see the attached document to find out what Year 1 and 2 are learning this half term!
On alternate Wednesday afternoons we have the opportunity to spend time learning in our on-site Forest School which we love. We love being outdoors, playing in the mud kitchen, building, digging and being inquisitive. Take a look at some of our photos below.
We are so lucky to have the opportunity to go on lots of memorable experiences.
In October we are going to spend the day at Broxfield Farm, a working farm. We will look at the animals that live their, the farm environment and the crops/food that grow there.